Conveyancing Correspondent Services
We offer one of the biggest correspondent conveyancing departments in Cape Town, within walking distance of the deeds office, Master’s Office, Western Cape Surveyor General Office, Community Schemes Ombud Service (CSOS) and the Land Claims Department for the Western Cape. Our correspondent conveyancing department in East London is supported and strengthened by the teams in the Cape Town office.
With over 40 years’ experience in correspondent conveyancing, we have managed to transform and perfect our service to our correspondents. We offer not only the lodgment and registration of deeds in the deeds office but also ancillary services as set out in more detail hereunder.
We are a preferred panel attorney to all major banks, including Standard Bank, Absa Bank, Nedbank, First National Bank, Investec and RMB.
OUR ANCILLARY SERVICES INCLUDE:
• Access to an extensive database of property and commercial agreements
• Double prepping of your deeds before lodgment in the deeds office and rectification of any errors within reason
• For our correspondents outside of the Western Cape, we ensure that your deeds comply with the rules and regulations of the Cape Town Deeds Office
• Arrangement of lodgment with linked conveyancing firms and notification thereof
• Removal of notes where possible, once the deeds come up for preparation
• Delivery of registered deeds via tracked docex to you or to linked attorneys
• Conducting of searches at the deeds office
• Arrangement for the signature of transfer and mortgage bond documents with your clients based in and around Cape Town
WE NOTIFY YOU OF:
Registration of deeds
• The status of your deeds in the deeds office via Lawdeed
WE GO TO:
• The deeds office on your behalf to obtain rulings from the Registrar of Deeds when required
• The Surveyor General’s office for queries or to obtain copies of diagrams
• The Master’s Office to attend to your estate queries, and the submission and collection of your endorsed power of attorney