CANDIDATE ATTORNEY APPLICATIONS
Applications for articles (2024) have closed, while we are accepting applications for 2025.
The closing date will be on 30 April 2024.
- Only candidates who qualify for interviews will be notified after the closing date.
- Should you not receive feedback from us by 31 May 2024, then your application was unfortunately unsuccessful.
- Interviews will be conducted during June 2024.
Based on the high number of Candidate Attorneys which we take on board per annum; we unfortunately cannot guarantee permanent employment after 2 years. Once again, the business needs will determine if any Associate positions would be available.
What are the qualities you look for in an applicant?
- Vacation work / practical exposure is essential
- Community work
- Leadership qualities / Team player
- Business Writing Skills
- Ability to speak in public
- Fairly strong academic records
- Strong people skills
- Well-balanced individual with lots of personality, energy & a passion for law!
Do you offer articles at your Gauteng and Western Cape Branches?
- Yes, we do offer articles at all 4 of our branches in Gauteng, namely Illovo, Bedfordview, Fourways and Centurion.
We also place Candidate Attorneys in the following Western Cape branches:
- Cape Town
- Tyger Valley
Do you rotate your Candidate Attorneys during their 2 years of articles
- Yes, our Candidate Attorneys have 4 rotations during their 2 years of articles at STBB. Should they wish to remain for 12 months in a specific department and the operational requirements can justify that, then we are flexible to accommodate this request.
- Candidates who have completed the LEAD course are only required to sign a contract for 1 year, but we still recommend that candidates would consider a 2-year contract to obtain the maximum practical exposure to the industry
- We offer monthly internal training sessions at our head office in Cape Town.
- We also encourage candidates to attend external workshops as advertised by the Cape Law Society and other credible learning providers
Documents required to apply for articles:
- Cover letter
- Summarized CV
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Certified copies of all Degree Certificates
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Two dated character references / testimonials which are not older than 6 months
- Due to the fact that we are still adhering to safety measures by limiting visitors at our workplace, we have decided not to host this program at our offices.
- We will however be hosting two Virtual Programs whereby our Attorneys will conduct ZOOM sessions on a variety of legal topics.
- In order to receive an invite to participate in these sessions, please complete the attached application form.
Virtual Vac Programs Closing dates 4, 5 and 6 July 2023 31 May 2023 5, 6 and 7 December 2023 31 October 2023
Contact details to apply for articles and Vacation Work:
For attention: Marianne Marais (HR Manager)
Fax number: (021) 419 6607
Contact Number: (021) 406 9100
Postal address: PO Box 395, Cape Town, 8000