SUMMARY: CHIEF REGISTRAR CIRCULAR 1/2019 – AMENDMENT TO THE VA PROCEDURE & FORM E CONVENTIONAL TITLES
- The amendments to the VA procedure take effect on 25 February 2019;
- Attestation by a notary public is impractical and may cause undue hardship to the public;
- Publication will be required in a newspaper circulating in the area in which the property is situated RATHER THAN the Government Gazette;
- A notification of intention to apply in terms of Section 68(11) only requires publication of the intention to apply for a certified copy of the bond and not the cancellation of the bond itself.
THE DEEDS REGISTRIES REGULATIONS BOARD RESOLVED TO SUSPEND THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AMENDMENTS TO REGULATION 68 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Form E – Conventional Title Deeds – will be amended to cater for the insertion of a value in the consideration clause and not only a purchase price;
- Amendments to Form E – Conventional Title Deeds – must be applied to deeds lodged on or after 25 February 2019.