STBB4GOOD Twilight Run & Mountain Bike event
OVERGAAUW WINE ESTATE
29 & 30 September 2023
At STBB, we commit strongly to give back to the communities around us and our corporate social investment arm, STBB4GOOD, does just that. We therefore invite you to come and enjoy the 2023 STBB4GOOD Twilight Trail Run & MTB Events which we host in aid of Miles For Smiles.
Imagine a twilight run through Stellenbosch vineyards before enjoying a glass of wine and something to eat with friends when you enter the 6km or 12km Twilight Trail Run on Friday evening 29 September 2023. You can also experience the exquisite views of False Bay, Stellenbosch and the Helderberg Mountains that the Bottelary Conservancy MTB routes offer, when you enter the 5km, 15km, 35km or 60km MTB on Saturday morning, 30 September 2023.
Our STBB4GOOD Trail Run and MTB weekend has become known as one of the “must-do” events on the annual MTB calendar. The routes are well-marked, enjoyable but also challenging. Our marshals are efficient, our water tables have been compared with the likes of W2W and our finish line is a treat. We have unbelievable gifts from our generous sponsors and loads of prizes are up for grabs through raffles, podium positions and spot prizes. The finish area offers amazing food trucks, artisan beers, gin and wine. The delicious selection of foods and refreshments ensures that everyone enjoys a relaxing weekend out in the Cape Winelands after an active day on the trails.
Late Entries will be available on a first come first served basis at event registration. We cannot guarantee availability, and pricing for late entries is subject to change.
5km MTB Route
15km MTB Route
35km MTB Route
60km MTB Route
6km Twilight Trail run
12km Twilight Trail run
ABOUT MILES FOR SMILES
Miles for Smiles was established to create awareness for the plight of children born with cleft lips and palates. One in 10 children born with a cleft palate and lip will die before their first birthday. Miles for Smiles therefore assists to raise funds for Operation Smile to perform corrective surgery on these children. The initiative has a fundamental aim which is to inspire and challenge individuals to make a difference in the lives of those around them.
Quick facts about Operation Smile South Africa:
- In as little as 45 minutes, one cleft lip surgery can change a child’s life forever.
- Approximately one in every 750 babies in South Africa is born with a cleft lip or cleft palate.
- Children with facial deformities who do not receive reconstructive surgery often have difficulty breathing, drinking, eating and speaking. As a result, many suffer from malnutrition, medical and psychological problems.
- A cleft lip or cleft palate operation and follow up care costs approximately R5500.
- Operation Smile South Africa is a section 21 (non-profit) company.
- Operation Smile South Africa has treated over 1650 children since 2006.