Moegsiena Ishmail is a practising Attorney, Conveyancer and Notary Public at our Cape Town Head Office in her capacity as Head of our Correspondent Conveyancing Department. Moegsiena also deals with the day-to-day management of the Bond Cancellations Department, thereby exceptional service levels to banks. She deals with a myriad of Conveyancing related matters and is particularly skilled in finding practical solutions to intricate and complicated conveyancing questions. Moegsiena also oversees her own retail Conveyancing matters, extending her exceptional service and knowledge to estate agents, buyers and sellers alike.

Conveyancing Correspondent | Publication Requirement for Lost Title Deeds and Mortgage Bonds

As of 01 January 2020 if you have lost your title deed and want to apply to replace it, the application must be published in the prescribed form in an issue of the newspaper circulating in the area within which the property is situated. It then has to lie for inspection at the Deeds Registry for two weeks allowing any interested party to object to the issue of the replacement deed. This process now also applies to a lost mortgage bond.

In the case of a lost Notarial Bond, publication in the prescribed form will have to circulate in one or more newspapers of every Deeds Office where the Notarial Bond is registered.

Click here to view the prescribed forms published by the Minister under GNR 1418.