- Will there be sufficient liquidity in your estate to pay your debts and at the same time provide for the financial security of your family?
- Do you have business interests which may be vulnerable?
- Can estate duty be minimised?
- Is your mortgage bond covered by insurance?
- If applicable, where will the funds come from to meet your obligations in terms of a divorce order?
- What are the Capital Gains Tax implications?
- Is your Will correctly structured to cover your offshore assets?
After 10 years of successful private practice, Refqah merged her firm with STBB in 2008. Based at STBB's Claremont branch, Refqah specialises in all aspects of property law, administration of deceased estates, estate planning, wills and Islamic wills. These areas of expertise have led Refqah to be appointed as the national head of STBB's Estates, Wills and Trusts department. She is a trustee of the Women’s Property Network (WPN) Educational Trust and former chairperson of the SAPOA Western Cape Council. Refqah is married to design architect Imraan Ho-Yee. They live in the southern suburbs with their two sons and Imraan's older son and daughter.