- Will there be sufficient liquidity in your estate to pay your debts and at the same time provide for the financial security of your family?
- Do you have business interests which may be vulnerable?
- Can estate duty be minimised?
- Is your mortgage bond covered by insurance?
- If applicable, where will the funds come from to meet your obligations in terms of a divorce order?
- What are the Capital Gains Tax implications?
- Is your Will correctly structured to cover your offshore assets?
After 10 years of successful practice, Refqah merged her firm with STBB in 2008. Refqah is an EXCO and REMCO Director and manages the Claremont branch where she is based. She is the national head of STBB’s Wills, Estates, Trusts and Curatorship department and also specialises in Conveyancing and all aspects of property law, as well as Islamic Wills. Since 2009, Refqah recruits and mentors STBB’s Western Cape candidate attorneys. She is a longstanding trustee of the Women’s Property Network (WPN) Educational Trust, is a trustee of the South African College Schools (SACS) Endowment Trust and former chairperson of the SAPOA Western Cape Council. Refqah is married to design architect Imraan Ho-Yee and they live in the Southern Suburbs with their sons.