MOBILE APP: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions listed below explains our and your responsibility when using the APP, specifically also with regard to the collection and use of your personal information.
This Policy applies to anyone who accesses or uses our STBB Direct App, including any service or functionality offered thereon (“the App”), whether on a device our via our website (www.stbb.co.za), or otherwise engage with Vault or provide us with personal information.
By using our App, STBB Direct, on any device whatsoever, you agree that you are bound to these terms and conditions and that you will only use the in line herewith.
The App is provided by STBB to enable you to access certain products and services that we offer.
Important clauses, which may limit our responsibility or involve some risk for you, will be in bold and italics or highlighted. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
We have defined some words for consistency.
Singular words include the plural and the other way round.
- Access Codes – The code issued to you upon downloading the APP
- App Store – Your Device’s application store provided by Apple, Blackberry or Android, as is applicable to you, from which you download the Mobile App.
- Mobile App – Our mobile app through which you access STBB Direct.
- Device – The device you use to access STBB Direct such as a cellphone, smartphone and/or tablet or any similar technology.
- Intellectual Property – Without limitation, is all inventions, specifications, patents, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names and all goodwill associated with such inventions, patents, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names; copyright, including all copyright in any logos, devices, designs, multimedia works and computer software programs (in both source and object code form, and including any programmers’ or developers’ notes, flow charts, memoranda and design documents); rights protecting goodwill and reputation; proprietary material, know-how, ideas, concepts, trade secrets, methods, techniques, graphics; schematics; marketing; sales and user data; domain names and URLs; databases and rights in databases, confidential information and all other intellectual property rights and rights of a similar character whether registered or capable of registration, rights in the nature of any of the above items whether registered or unregistered in any country or jurisdiction and all applications and rights to apply for protection of any of the same.
- Intellectual Property Rights – All rights in and to Intellectual Property.
- ISP – An Internet service provider, which is an organisation that provides access to the Internet.
- Personal Information – Information about an identifiable, natural or juristic person, including but not limited to, information about race, gender, marital status, nationality, ethnic or social origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, religion, belief, disability, language, birth, education, identity number, telephone number, email, postal or street address, biometric information and financial, criminal or employment history as well as correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence.
- Process – Any operation or activity, whether automated or not, concerning Personal Information, including: collection; receipt; recording; organisation; collation; storage; updating or modification; retrieval; alteration; consultation; use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; merging, linking as well as blocking, degradation, erasure or destruction of information. Processing will have a similar meaning.
- Product Terms – Terms and conditions and/or policy documents specific to the product or services that apply to your profile.
- You or your – The person who registered for the Mobile App.
- Activation on the App
3.1. In order to use all the functionalities on the App you must activate on the App by following the prompts displayed after you have downloaded the Mobile App onto your Device.
3.2. Activation will create your digital identity for the Mobile App on your Device.
- Use of the Mobile App
You should only use the latest version of the Mobile App. The App Store will notify you of any updates/upgrades that are available to you. If you do not install the latest version, the Mobile App may not function correctly and you may experience security and/or data flaws, for which we will not be liable under any circumstances.
- Fees and Costs
Standard data costs will be charged by your mobile network operator or internet service provider when you download the Mobile App and thereafter receive notifications in your Mobile App inbox. You must contact your data provider to ask for details.
We are not responsible for any loss you suffer if you enter any incorrect details.
- Mobile App Security
6.1. You must always look after your Access Codes and keep them secret and safe to prevent other persons from using them. If you do not, you give up any claim you may have against us for any loss or damage you may suffer because you have not kept them safe.
6.2. If your Device is lost or stolen, or is no longer in your possession, you must immediately login to the Mobile App through an alternate capable device, and de-authorise your Device. We will not be held liable for any losses resulting from your failure to de-authorise that Device. If you cannot immediately de-authorise your Device, then you must call our IT Department on 021 406 9100 for assistance or email STBBDirect@stbb.co.za.
- Software and hardware
7.1. You must use software and hardware suitable for Mobile App . If you do not, the Mobile App service on your Device may not work properly and this could increase your security risks.
7.2. You acknowledge and agree that to the maximum extent allowed by law, the App Store does not give or enter into any warranty, condition or other term in relation to the Mobile App and will not be liable to you for any claims, losses, costs or expenses of whatever nature in relation to the Mobile App or as a result of you or anyone else using the Mobile App or relying on any of its content.
Your use of Mobile App is dependent on factors beyond our control, such as your network’s coverage or availability, your ISP’s availability or your Device’s capability and capacity. We are not liable for any loss or damages you may suffer if a factor beyond our control arises and you cannot access STBB Direct. See further our App Disclaimer on the website.
- Information protection
We may, and you expressly consent to, the collecting and Processing of your Personal Information by us to: provide you with the use of the Mobile App; provide any combination of services, analysis, advice or intermediary service linked to your profile; monitor and analyse the activities on your profile for fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes; carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential trends; and develop new products and services.
- Customer Contact Information
10.1. Our contact details are as follows:
Tel: 021 406 9100
Address: 8th Floor, 5 St George’s Mall, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000